Many patients use their local pharmacy not only to supply their medication but also to order regular items.
From 15th May 2017 this service will no longer be available.
We have done this:
- To enable clinicians to manage and monitor prescribing more efficiently, and thus ensure patient safety
- To enable patients to manage their own medicines better
- To reduce medicines waste
- To ensure patients only order and receive the medication they require
IF YOU REALLY STRUGGLE TO ORDER YOUR PRESCRIPTION CORRECTLY YOURSELF WE MAY STILL ALLOW THE PHARMACY TO DO THIS FOR YOU...
Please note that this will not alter the use of the pharmacies to collect your completed prescriptions from us on your behalf
There are three different ways to order your repeat prescription
- Over the internet - if you would like to be able to do this, please ask at reception for an internet registration form. When you have the details you can click on the link at the bottom of this page to order prescriptions online.Please allow two working days before attempting to collect you prescription ordered in this way.
- By phone - THIS SERVICE WILL BE DISCONTINUED PERMANENTLY FROM THE CLOSE OF PLAY ON Friday 5TH JUNE. WE HAVE MADE THIS DECISION DUE TO GREATLY INCREASED PRESSURE ON OUR PHONELINES, AS MOST CONSUTATIONS WITH GPS TAKE PLACE ON THE PHONE
- In writing - by post, or in the box provided in reception. If you order items this way please allow at least two working days before collecting. You may use one of forms in reception, complete the backslip from your previous repeat, or simply write the items on a piece of paper(provided we have you name, date of birth and address)
We will post your prescription to you if you supply us with a stamped, addressed envelope.
To preserve patient confidentiality and to minimise the risk of mistakes we ask that you use one of the three methods above, rather than simply asking a receptionist.
Please remember to only order items which you need and are currently taking/using. If you do not order an item that is on your repeat list because you do not need it at that time, it will remain on your repeat list to order another time, unless your doctor has decided that you should no longer take it.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CANNOT OFFER A "WHILE YOU WAIT" SERVICE
FROM 25TH JUNE 2016 PRESCRIPTIONS MAY BE SENT ELECTRONICALLY TO A PHARMACY OF YOUR CHOICE. PLEASE ASK YOUR LOCAL PHARMACY OR A PRACTICE RECEPTIONIST ABOUT THIS SERVICE
Several local pharmacies offer a prescription collection service which will enable you to simply collect your medication from the chemist after ordering a prescription from the surgery. Please ask at reception, or at your local pharmacy, if you wish to use this service.